AM Lodge & AM Villa
AM Lodge & AM Villa is located in a private reserve in the Klaserie region of the Limpopo Province, bordering Mpumalanga. This five-star lodge is approximately 5.5 hour's drive from Johannesburg (or 15 minutes from Eastgate airport at Hoedspruit with direct flights from Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town).
AM Lodge introduces a brand new concept in luxury bush getaways and experiential travel. It brings together all aspects of its surroundings in the pristine Klaserie region, at the western edge of the Greater Kruger National Park, to create meaningful experiences that will long be imprinted in memory.
Make this exquisitely crafted lodge in the heart of the African bush your base from which to explore some of the captivating destinations of the Lowveld. Back at the lodge you may spend your some time at the exclusive wellness centre where our professional, experienced staff and therapists will ensure that you leave feeling revitalised and utterly pampered.
Accommodation is offered in AM Lodge and AM Villa.
AM Lodge comprises of 6 luxury and 2 premier private suites which are linked to the central building by lantern-lit wooden walkways.
AM Villa is a modern exclusive-use three-bedroom house located in the heart of the reserve, ideal for small groups of up to six guests.
The sublime Wellness Centre comes complete with exquisite treatment rooms, a heated pool, Jacuzzi and a well-appointed gym fitted with the latest of fitness equipment - a gorgeous place for utter relaxation
This five-star lodge is unlike any other in the Klaserie region. Water features throughout the public areas serve as a reminder of its proximity to the Klaserie River. Folding doors and uncluttered open spaces blur the lines between indoors and outdoors.
Accommodation is offered in eight free-standing suites, six luxury and two premier suites, which are linked to the central building by lantern-lit wooden walkways. The suites are concealed among the brushwood on either side of the main lodge. The units are set far apart from each other to guarantee privacy.
The Six Luxury Suites
- linked to the central building by lantern-lit wooden walkways
- concealed among the brushwood on either side of the main lodge
- set far apart from each other to guarantee privacy
- each with a bedroom, separate lounge and over-sized bathroom
- bedroom and lounge of each suite opens up onto a private deck and pathway leading a private boma
- the lounge has a large flat-screen TV & DSTV
- the bathrooms are designed to be enjoyed and not just used
- enormous free-standing bathtubs that look out onto nature through glass walls
- a pathway leading to your own boma set upon a wooden pavilion hidden among the trees
- indoor and outdoor showers separated by double glass doors
- all also have air-conditioning, tea/coffee-making facilities and hair dryers
The Two Premier Suites
- offer all of the above
- but: ideal for that extra-special occasion
- and: offers an own private plunge pool
This is a modern exclusive-use three-bedroom house located in the heart of the reserve, ideal for small groups of up to six guests. There are no predators on the reserve, but a game-fence nevertheless surrounds the villa to prevent larger animals, such as buffalo, from entering the property thus making it suitable for families with children.
- a comfy, elegant home to be experienced with family or friends
- offers a personal, flexible perspective
- three en-suite bedrooms
- comfortable lounge with flat-screen TV & DSTV
- dining room
- guest kitchen apart from the chef's kitchen
- luxury interiors reflect the light, contemporary style of AM Lodge
- large rim-flow pool
- deck with plenty of sun-loungers and sofas
- private chef and butler
- private game ranger and tracker
Children from the age of 10 are welcome
Children accommodated in their own suite will attract the full adult rate.
*Please note that parents travelling with children in South Africa now require unabridged birth certificates.
AM Lodge Wellness Centre
In pursuit of excellence, everything used to create this sanctuary is top of the range, from the skincare products - Africology, Dermalogica and La Prairie - to the state-of-the-art Technogym equipment in the fitness centre, and the ultramodern Gharieni treatments beds imported from Germany. You can be assured that whichever treatment you choose, it will be blissfully comfortable.
There are two free-standing treatment rooms tucked away among the foliage, with glass doors on three sides to let nature in. These tranquil spaces are big enough to accommodate couples who would like to enjoy a hot stone massage or any other treatment together. Couples can also enjoy the Jacuzzi in an alcove adjoining the main area, which also opens on three sides.
The AM Reserve
The AM reserve is home to a variety of wildlife including buffalo, giraffe, zebra, wildebeest and several antelope species. It is furthermore flanked by Big Five private game reserves which form part of the Greater Kruger National Park - an area covering approximately 20-million hectares of dedicated conservation land. This vast wilderness area, with no fences between the Kruger National Park and the surrounding private game reserves, offers some of the best game viewing in Africa and the largest diversity of fauna and flora on the continent.
Attractions in the area
- the Blyde River Canyon which forms part of the northern Drakensberg escarpment
- the Panorama Route - a picturesque drive along the Mpumalanga escarpment that traverses breathtaking look-out points, waterfalls, mist-shrouded forests, the historical village of Pilgrim's Rest and the charming towns of Graskop and Sabie
Please contact us for our latest rates and availability.
Lodges offer varied rates which change from time to time. Rates depend on service levels, the type of lodge or hotel, number and age of guests, the time of year, location and any specials which may apply at time of enquiry.
- Quoted in Rand (ZAR), subject to change
- Inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) at 14%
- Exclusive of the Tourism Levy
- Air conditioned en-suite accommodation
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and drinks at meal times and on activities at AM Lodge
- Drinks included at meals times & during activities include the following: Teas/Coffees, Mineral Water, Soft Drinks & Fruit Juices, Exclusive selection of South African Red, White & Sparkling Wines
- Game drives in open 4-wheel drive safari vehicles conducted by experienced guides and trackers including refreshments
*Please note that guests wishing to check in before 14h00 and/or check out after 11h00 are required to book an additional night at the Day Use Rate.
- Tourism levy per person per night
- Telephone calls
- French Champagne
- Spa treatments
- Bar purchases
- Certain Special meal requests
- Laundry & Valet Services
- Return road transfers between Eastgate Airport & AM Lodge & AM Villa
We welcome children from the age of 10 years. Childrens' participation on activities is at the discretion of management. *Please note that parents traveling with children in South Africa now require unabridged birth certificates.
AM Lodge & AM Villa may be accessed by helicopter directly to the lodge or via private air charter to Eastgate Airport