River Lodge, Lion Sands
"Our people share our passion for elevating experiences from just going somewhere pretty, to enjoying something pretty incredible"
Address: River Lodge, Lion Sands Kruger National Park
Children: Older than 10 are welcome
Bed capacity: Six suites for 12 guests
Lion Sands is a place that enriches one’s soul. It is an extraordinary gift passed down over generations and even for those of us who have known its sweeping landscapes since birth, it remains a place of overwhelming beauty and discovery. In the heart of the game-rich Sabi Sand Reserve and the world-renowned Kruger National Park, we have created an iconic destination with Lion Sands enjoying traversing rights in both Sabi Sand and the Kruger National Park.
Enjoy the African bush in lavish comfort and style here in Sabi Sand. At River Lodge, guests can appreciate extraordinary wildlife and marvel at the wonderful riverside view of the famed Sabi River.
The Reserve is family owned and managed by the 4th generation More family.
The Lion Sands River Lodge is ideal for guests who like to enjoy their safari holidays amongst a fair number of other interest-sharing guests, since it has a total of 20 rooms and suites to accommodate a maximum of 40 guests.
- 12 Luxury Rooms have bathroom en-suite, lounge area with mini bar and wooden deck from which to appreciate the wilds beyond.
- 6 Superior Luxury Suites are larger in size, and have ample open-plan bathrooms and outdoor showers; 4 of the 6 suites are inter-leading, and are therefore ideal for families.
- 2 River Suites are located further from the public areas and are therefore more private. They have incredible river views, best appreciated from the expansive decks. River Suites also have outdoor showers.
- Children of 10 and older are welcome
- Children's activities and baby sitting available
- Family Rooms are available, including 2 with interleading rooms
- Two swimming pools
- Open plan lounge and dining area
- Suitable for disabled travellers (with assistance)
- Full range of dietary preferences are catered for
- Maximum number of guests per vehicle is 6
- Free Wi-Fi (in public areas)
- Private safari vehicles are available, subject to availability
Head out on safari every morning and afternoon with your armed ranger and tracker in search of game.
Safaris are conducted twice a day, with no more than six guests per vehicle. If you want, you can also enjoy the bush on a private safari vehicle, if available.
- Morning and evening game drives in open safari vehicles
- bush walks
- bird watching
- bush breakfasts
- bush dinners
- river walks
- hippo tours
- safari lunches
- wildlife lectures
- boma dinners
- wellness treatments
- local village experiences
- Visits to the Kruger National Park.
Lion Sands Sabi Sand is located in the Southern Sabi Sand Wildtuin with 7,000 hectares (17,000 acres) of arguably Africa’s most pristine Big 5 territory.
GPS:River Lodge / 24˚ 58’ 16.9” S / 31˚ 31’ 55.4” E;
Please contact us for our latest rates and availability.
Lodges offer varied rates which change from time to time. Rates depend on service levels, the type of lodge or hotel, number and age of guests, the time of year, location and any specials which may apply at time of enquiry.
- Rates are quoted in South African Rand (ZAR) and are inclusive of VAT
- All airport taxes and applicable reserve entrance fees are for your own account
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice
Rate Inclusions & Exclusions
- Luxury accommodation
- Three meals per day
- Soft drinks, local brand beers and spirits & house wines
- Mini Bar
- Two game drives daily with FGASA qualified ranger & tracker
- game drive refreshments and snacks
- specified safari activities
- Premium brand or imported beers, spirits, cellar wines and champagnes
- Cigars and cigarettes
- All flights and transfers
- Curio shop purchases
- Spa treatments
- Sabi Sand Reserve entrance fees
- Any additional extras will be for the guests account