Motswiri Private Safari Lodge
Motswiri Private Safari Lodge is in Madikwe Game Reserve in the North West Province of South Africa. Madikwe is about three and a half hours' driving distance from Johannesburg, or a one-hour flight.
The well-appointed lodge is hidden in the bush, nestled under a canopy of Leadwood trees, and overlooks a waterhole which is frequented by elephant families and other big game.
The lodge, which is set around a swimming pool, offers 5 luxury bush villas for a maximum of 10 guests.
Guests are offered the option of individual or exclusive use bookings for the whole lodge, making it ideal for small business or family groups.
The Family Villa offers three bedrooms all with en-suite bathrooms. The villa has a private lounge which leads out onto a private deck and pool.
At the main area of the lodge guests may enjoy the rim-flow pool overlooking the waterhole. Cocktails are served under the shade of the Motswiri trees (the Tswana name for Leadwood trees) on the main deck. There is also an outside lounge and bar area to while away the day.
Fine cuisine is served in the dining room, under the Leadwood trees or around a roaring fire in the boma.
The luxurious bush villas offer stunning views from private decks and multiple-slider bedrooms and bathrooms. And - double-sided fire places, stunning en-suite bathrooms, outdoor showers - all add to ensure a bush experience second to none.
The interior of the villas have been specifically designed create a blend between open space and the bush by utilising large retractable doors and windows.
Come and enjoy a personal bush experience, some of the best views in Madikwe and the tranquil feel given by mature Leadwood trees.
Madikwe is Big Five game reserve in the North West Province of South Africa. It covers some 75,000 hectare and is one of the largest game reserves in South Africa. The reserve is situated against the Botswana border, 90 km north of Zeerust, just three hours' drive from both Johannesburg and Pretoria. It is one of South Africa's prime safari destinations. The rich diversity of vegetation ensures a wide range of game and the topography offers ideal game viewing opportunities.
Tariffs 2015 • High Season
January to April 2015 & September to December 2015
- R 4 250.00 per person sharing
- R 6 375.00 per person single
- R 2 125.00 per child 5-14 yrs sharing
- R 35 850.00 (Sleeps up to 10)
Tariffs 2015 • Low Season
May to August 2015
- R 3 475.00 per person sharing
- R 5 212.50 per person single
- R 1 737.50 per child 5-14 yrs sharing
- R 30 200.00 (Sleeps up to 10)
Tariffs 2016 • High Season
January to April 2016 & September to December 2016
- R 4 600.00 per person sharing
- R 6 900.00 per person single
- R 2 300.00 per child 5-14 yrs sharing
- R 39 000.00 (Sleeps up to 10)
Low Season • May to August 2016
- R 3 800.00 per person sharing
- R 5 700.00 per person single
- R 1 900.00 per child 5-14 yrs sharing
- R 33 000.00 (Sleeps up to 10)
* Children of all ages are welcome at our lodge * Babysitters are available at an extra cost * Children under 6 years old are not permitted on game drives * Children sharing room with parents pay 50% * Children in own room are charged full price * Child policy applies to children between the ages of 14 years to 5 years * No charge for children under 4 years
- Quoted in South African Rands (ZAR)
- Inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) at 14%
- Subject to availability
- Subject to change; however fully paid bookings will be honoured
* Luxury accommodation * Two game drives per day * All meals daily * Welcome drinks and teas & coffees at meals * The road transfer from the Madikwe Airstrip to the Lodge * Tourism Levy
* Curio shop purchases * Drinks * Telephone calls * Lodge transfers * Airport Tax * Fly in fee * Laundry services unless otherwise indicated * Specialised coffees * Gate entry fees * Babysitting
What to bring
* Comfortable walking shoes * Sun hat * Sunglasses * Sun block * Cameras and binoculars * Light, neutral coloured clothing * Swimming costume * Warm jackets are essential in winter (May to October)