Tinga Lodge, Lion Sands
"Our people share our passion for elevating experiences from just going somewhere pretty, to enjoying something pretty incredible"
Address: Tinga Lodge, Kruger National Park
Children: Older than 10 are welcome
Bed capacity: Nine suites for 18 guests
Lion Sands is a place that enriches one’s soul. It is an extraordinary gift passed down over generations and even for those of us who have known its sweeping landscapes since birth, it remains a place of overwhelming beauty and discovery. In the heart of the game-rich Kruger National Park and the world-renowned Kruger National Park, we have created an iconic destination with Lion Sands enjoying traversing rights in both Sabi Sand and the Kruger National Park.
Enjoy the African bush in lavish comfort and style here in Sabi Sand. At Tinga Lodge, guests can appreciate extraordinary wildlife and marvel at the wonderful riverside view of the famed Sabie River.
Situated among a forest of large old trees overlooking the Sabie River, Tinga Lodge’s 9 Luxury Suites each afford complete privacy. Designed in such a way that whether you choose to spend time at your private plunge pool, reclining on the couch in your lounge, lazing on your bed with or soaking in a bubble bath, you will remain in sight of the beautiful panorama.
- Double bed (convertible to twins)
- Bathroom en-suite
- Indoor and outdoor shower
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Mini bar
- Direct-dial telephone
- A range of deluxe amenities.
- Situated in a Private Concession within the Kruger National Park, affording guests the unique opportunity of off-road safaris
- The Lodge enjoys panoramic views of the Sabie River
- 9 Suites for 18 guests
- Children of 10 and older are welcome
- Children's activities are available, but babysitting is not
- Family Rooms are available
- Private plunge pools
- Views of the Sabie River
- Open plan lounge and dining area
- Not suitable for disabled travellers
- Full range of dietary preferences catered for
- Free Wi-Fi (in public areas)
Head out on safari every morning and afternoon with your armed ranger and tracker in search of game.
In line with the South African safari industry, at each of our Lodges visitors will enjoy two game drives per day, one early morning and one late afternoon. Each is approximately 3-4 hours long, and includes a scenic coffee and sundowner break to purely appreciate just being in the moment.
What takes the MORE Safari Experience to the next level is the practical understanding and application of the four key ingredients for a first-class private safari experience, namely the quality of the Field Guide & Tracker, the concentration and quality of wildlife and the comfort of the game drive vehicle
- Morning and evening game drives in open safari vehicles
- bush walks
- bird watching
- bush breakfasts
- bush dinners
- River walks
- hippo tours
- safari lunches
- wildlife lectures
- boma dinners
- wellness treatments
- local village experiences
- Visits to the Kruger National Park.
Lion Sands Kruger National Park is located in the Southern Kruger Park in the Skukuza area next to the Skukuza airport on a 5,000 hectare (12500 acre) concession. It is situated on the banks of the Sabie River.
Please contact us for our latest rates and availability.
Lodges offer varied rates which change from time to time. Rates depend on service levels, the type of lodge or hotel, number and age of guests, the time of year, location and any specials which may apply at time of enquiry.
- Rates are quoted in South African Rand (ZAR) and are inclusive of VAT
- All airport taxes and applicable reserve entrance fees are for your own account
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Premium brand beers, spirits, cellar wines & champagnes
- Cigars and cigarettes
- All flights and transfers
- Curio shop purchases
- Spa treatments
- Kruger National Park entrance fees
- Any additional extras will be for the guests account