Ivory Lodge, Lion Sands
"Our people share our passion for elevating experiences from just going somewhere pretty, to enjoying something pretty incredible"
Address: Ivory Lodge, Lion Sands Kruger National Park
Children: Older than 10 are welcome
Bed capacity: Six suites for 12 guests
Enjoy the African bush in lavish comfort and style here in Sabi Sands. Ivory Lodge is the ultimate gem of Lion Sands in Sabi Sand. Utterly private, very intimate and astonishingly beautiful, the lodge offers a discreet and personally tailored experience to guests who are familiar with the better things in life.
The Lion Sands Ivory Lodge is great all over. Food, accommodation, service and safaris. Every staff member works towards your relaxation and enjoyment. The food is extraordinary and there are many opportunities to enjoy it. The rooms are very beautiful and the beds are comfortable. A safari with the guides and trackers are a wildlife feast not easily forgotten. Being able to enjoy safaris next to the Kruger National Park without fences in between, one can expect exceptional wildlife safaris.
Located in the Southern Sabi Sand Game Reserve, next to the Kruger National Park, Lion Sands Sabi Sand is the only Reserve in South Africa to offer a safari in both the Sabie and Sand River ecosystems.
The Reserve is family owned and managed by the 4th generation More Family.
Accommodation is offered in six luxury suites. Each of the Suites functions as a private villa – simple yet sophisticated. A rim flow pool, wooden deck, private lounge and voluminous bedroom with an open-plan bathroom. Massive windows afford great views of the natural verdant landscape along the bank of the Sabie River.
There is a unique programme of activities for guests to tailor-make their stay including our famous Chalkley & Kingston Treehouse experiences
- 6 Suites for 12 guests
- Children of 10 and older welcome
- Childrens’ activities and baby sitting available
- Family Rooms available
- Private Plunge Pools only
- Open plan lounge and dining area
- Suitable for disabled travellers (with assistance)
- Full range of dietary preferences catered for
- Free Wi-Fi (in public areas)
Head out on safari every morning and afternoon with your armed ranger and tracker in search of game.
Safaris are conducted twice a day, with no more than six guests per vehicle. If you want, you can also enjoy the bush on a private safari vehicle, if available.
- Morning and evening game drives in open safari vehicles
- bush walks
- bird watching
- bush breakfasts
- bush dinners
- river walks
- hippo tours
- safari lunches
- wildlife lectures
- boma dinners
- wellness treatments
- local village experiences
- Visits to the Kruger National Park.
Lion Sands Sabi Sand is located in the Southern Sabi Sand Wildtuin with 7,000 hectares (17,000 acres) of arguably Africa’s most pristine Big 5 territory.
GPS: Ivory Lodge / 24˚ 58’ 24.1” S / 31˚ 31’ 46.5” E;
Please contact us for our latest rates and availability.
Lodges offer varied rates which change from time to time. Rates depend on service levels, the type of lodge or hotel, number and age of guests, the time of year, location and any specials which may apply at time of enquiry.
Rate Inclusions & Exclusions
- Luxury accommodation
- All meals
- Selected local beverages for Foreign Individual Travellers (including soft drinks local brand beers, spirits and house wines)
- Two game drives daily
- Game drive refreshments and snacks
- Specified safari activities
- Laundry and mini bar (selected items) included at Ivory Lodge
- Premium brand or imported beers, spirits, cellar wines and champagnes
- Mini bar
- Cigars and cigarettes
- Skukuza airport transfers
- Curio shop purchases
- Spa treatments
- Game reserve landing fees (airport departure tax)
- Game reserve entrance/conservation fee
- Activities not included (golf, helicopter flights, treehouses, private safaris, cultural village experience, elephant interaction experience)