Lukimbi Safari Lodge in Kruger, South Africa
"in the Kruger Park's finest wildlife region - sample the best diversity in animal sightings"
Address: Lukimbi Safari Lodge, Kruger National Park, South Africa
Children: Older than 2 are accepted. Private family vehicles may be required.
Bed capacity: 14 classic suites and two ultra luxury suites.
Lukimbi Safari Lodge is in the Kruger National Park on the banks of the Lwakhale River, a distance of about 28km from the Malelane gate. When in the southern Kruger Park, you are right where the wildlife action is. Lukimbi is home to both white and black rhino, and the rest of the Big 5. This region is well known for its wide variety of wildlife - big and small. Diversity is the word here.
Lukimbi has one of the biggest concessions in the southern Kruger National Park and is over 15 000 hectares (37 100 Acres). This huge concession is for the sole use of Lukimbi and no other vehicles may drive here. We will only drive in the public roads of the Kruger Park when we receive notification of a remarkable game sighting nearby.
An equipped conference and business centre may be booked, giving business people the ideal opportunity to combine business with pure pleasure.
Other facilities include a well-equipped gym, swimming pool, a well-stocked bar, wine cellar and boma. Our curio shop keeps a variety of interesting goods and will be well worth a leisurely visit. Our lovely chapel seats 32 people.
Lukimbi is the sister lodge of Idube Safari Lodge in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, Greater Kruger National Park
Our accommodation comprises fourteen classic suites each with special bathrooms, separate lounge and deck; and two ultra luxury premier suites with private swimming pools, section for a dining and two bathrooms.
Telephones, laptop connections, hairdryers, minibars and tea & coffee facilities are available in each suite.
One of the suites is wheelchair friendly. Children from the age of 2 years are accepted at the lodge. Please read the paragraphs on "Families with children" which has information on our children's program and family vehicle/ private vehicles.
We offer 2 game drives daily in open safari vehicles with experienced rangers and trackers. Game drives may last up to three hours. Limited off-road driving is allowed, which provides you with close viewing for unusual sightings. No other lodges or camps are permitted to drive on our concession - this gives us the flexibility to plan our game drives to suit our guests best.
Vehicles for private use can be arranged at an extra cost - private vehicles must be booked for families with children 4 years and younger. Let us know if your children are over four but under eight years of age, since your visit may be during a period which qualifies you for a waiver an extra fee.
Our guides plan safari walks to meet our guests' needs and abilities. Longer walks will be planned if you are fit and energetic, shorter strolls if you want to take things gently.
Full day walks
We offer full day walks during the winter months. Please book beforehand. An extra charge is applicable; walks depend on availability and at least 4 guests doing the walk.
We can arrange for you to play a round of 18-holes at Leopard Creek, at an extra cost. Transfers and club hire can be arranged. Reservations must be made through our office. Leopard Creek may confirm or cancel. Not available over weekends, public holidays or peak holiday periods. No provisional bookings are made for golf as 100% cancellation penalties are applicable once booked.
Lukimbi Safari Lodge Rates
- Classic Suites: R5000.00 per person sharing per night, R6750.00 single and R3500.00 per child 2-12 years old per night
- Premier Suites: R5700.00 per person sharing per night, R7700.00 single and R3990.00 per child 2-12 years old per night
- Classic Suites: R5990.00 per person sharing per night, R8080.00 single and R3920.00 per child 2-12 years old per night
- Premier Suites: R6560.00 per person sharing per night, R8850.00 single and R4250.00 per child 2-12 years old per night
08 January to 19 December 2016
20 December 2016 to 7 January 2017
- Luxury accommodation in en-suite, air-conditioned suites, 3 full meals per day, teas and coffees, afternoon tea, 2 game drives daily in open Land Rovers and a safari walk. Game activities are with skilled and well-trained rangers.
- Bar bill, soft drinks, telephone and fax calls, spa treatments, curios, gratuities, personal items, golfing, child minding, private Land Rovers, and the Kruger National Park entrance fee.
Families with children
We regret, but no children under 2 are accepted; for children under 12, babysitting is available from 7:h00 but must be pre-booked. Please arrange with us if safari beds and cots are needed.
The Safari Play Room is open from 08:00 to 13:00 and again during the evening game drives from 16:15 to 19:30. A supervisor is present during these hours.
Families with children under 8 years must book their own private vehicle. Talk to us about rates for childminding and private use of our Land Rovers.
Children love to swim: we provided a special shallow pool for the younger ones. Older ones will enjoy water flowing across the rocks and dropping into a waterfall where they can enjoy the thrill of sitting behind cascading water.
- game drives
- casting of tracks
- arts and crafts
- treasure hunts
- interactive sessions with rangers
- special boma dinners
- kids' dinners and picnics.
- Clothing should be casual and lightweight; neutral, dull colours are essential
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A warm jersey and jacket in the winter months
- A hat, sunglasses, sunscreen lotion and inspect repellant
- Swim costume
- Anti-malaria tablets should be taken before departure – please ask your medical doctor.
Lukimbi can be reached by road. It is 440 km from Johannesburg on the N4. Or, guests can fly to KMIA/Nelspruit airport. Transfers from the airport to the lodge can be arranged. Charters may fly into Malelane airstrip, and transfers can be arranged to the lodge.