Imbali Safari Lodge
Imbali - great for couples and groups
- Grading: Luxury Game Lodge
Address: Mluwati Concession, Kruger National Park
Children: Children older than 6 welcome
Bed capacity: 24
One of South Africa’s most renowned wildlife destinations is Imbali Safari Lodge, built under a canopy of Jackalberry and Tamboti trees in the Kruger National Park.
Overlooking the seasonal Nwaswitsontso river, Imbali was built on the site of an old African cultural settlement where clay pots, bone tools and grinding stones were found.
Soft leather sofas and traditional artifacts, thatched Tsonga roofs, stone columns and the odd tree decorate the dining area. Relax with a drink or a book and enjoy the view from here on the busy waterhole on the other side of the Nwaswitsontso River.
True to the spirit in which the Kruger National Park was started, Imbali is a sanctuary for all the bush’s creatures, great and small, and is in fact your very own bush sanctuary for the duration of your wonderful Kruger National Park stay.
- Twelve private suites
- Each suite has a large king bed and romantic en-suite bathroom with magnificent views of the wilderness beyond
- All suites are air conditioned
- Mosquito Nets
- Free WiFi in the main area
- A sparkling swimming pool in the main area overlooking the waterhole
Guests are accommodated in twelve spacious suites, decorated in neutral colours in African tradition, from the ornate wall lamps to the comfortable textured pillows.
Large French doors run the length of the room to let the outside wilderness in, an expansive deck overlooks the Nwaswitsontso river or savannah grasslands with a Jacuzzi or outdoor pool to complete your safari experience. Relax on the sunbed with a book while hearing the chattering of weavers, thrushes and kingfishers while you relax outside your suite on your private deck.
The spacious stone and marble bathroom features a separate claw-foot bathtub and shower with signature bath amenities, a hairdryer and fluffy bathrobes. Soak your stresses away as you marinade in bath salts while looking out on to the peace of the Kruger Park bush.
Sink into the soft king-size bed for a quick siesta or after a hard day’s safari; a mosquito net envelops the entire bed in the evening, a prediction of the next day’s weather and something sweet provided as a nightcap preparing you for pleasant dreams in the African bush.
- Mosquito nets
- Private Deck with shaded deck chairs
- Private plunge pool
- Luxury bathroom with basins, bath and shower
- Spa treatments are available in the privacy of your suite. These are charged separately, according to the treatment you choose.
Kruger Park Safaris
A private concession within the Kruger National Park comprising three lodges – Imbali, Hoyo Hoyo and Hamiltons, Mluwati Concession was created to ensure the future sustainability of the national park.
Mluwati has worked hard to ensure the sustainability of this pristine wilderness that for over 100 years has been a sanctuary for over 114 reptiles, 34 amphibians and 147 mammal species, including Africa’s Big Five.
Keen birders will delight in the hundreds of bird species that call Kruger home. Over 500 species, many of which occur in the Mluwati Concession including the Southern Yellow-billed Hornbill, Crested Barbet and Burchell’s Glossy Starling.
Enjoy some of Kruger Park’s most spectacular landscapes and an extraordinary variety of wildlife, birdlife and plantlife within the Mluwati Concession, ensuring that each safari experience will be unique.
Experience a morning and evening safari during your stay at Imbali Safari Lodge. Witness the excitement of the first rains; the terrapins playing in river pools, the call of the Pied Kingfisher and steady chirping of sociable tree frogs.
Savour the rich smells of the bush, hear the shrill calls of the Magpie Shrike and see the wind blowing through the feather grass dotting the savannah plains.
A safari at Imbali will reveal new scents, curious sounds and the beauty of an extraordinary African landscape to delight your senses.
A light, informal lunch with a buffet laden with tasty salads and meats served in relaxed surroundings and in full view of the waterhole on the other side of the river; the sounds of the Kruger Park bush providing all the accompaniment you need for a great dining experience.
Indulge in High Tea with a delicious selection of cakes and pastries freshly baked at the lodge before embarking on your afternoon’s Kruger Park safari.
Magical three-course dinners under the stars. Good wine and good conversation flow while you listen to the enchanting sounds of the surrounding bush coming alive at night
Although both lunch and dinner are served at the main lodge, guests can arrange for a private meal on their deck or in-suite.
Imbali is located near the S36 south of Satara and Orpen restcamps. Exact directions will be supplied before departure to Imbali
Distance from OR Tambo = 537km about 7 hours drive.
- Rates are quoted in South African Rand (ZAR) and are inclusive of 14% VAT
- All airport taxes and applicable reserve entrance fees are for your own account
- The below rates are per person per night and include accommodation, meals and safaris. Beverages, gate entry fees are excluded.
- Complimentary transfers are available from Hoedspruit Airport or Skukuza Airport. The transfers are subject to availability and must be booked at time of reservation. Terms and conditions apply.
- Children from the age of 6 years are welcome at the lodge and are charged applicable child rates up until the age of 11, when sharing with two adults.
- The rooms can accommodate a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children under 12 sharing.
- Children 6 – 12 years are only permitted on game drives at management discretion.
- Children 12 years and older are charged full adult rates and occupy their own room.
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice
Per person sharing - R4 900,00 Per person single - R6 790,00