Simbambili Luxury Lodge
Where the Wild meets Luxury
- Grading: 5 Star
Address: Simbambili Game Lodge, Sabi Sand Game Reserve, Limpopo Province, South Africa
Bed capacity: 16
Southern Africa, which is thought of as the origin of mankind, instils a longing in all of us. We long for the quiet beauty, yet fierce survival instincts of Africa and the wild. We long to see the magnificent animals in their glorious habitat, the way Africa is thought of in dreams. We long to feel the cool breeze on our skin as we witness the breathtaking sunset over the pristine vista of Southern Africa. We long to experience the unspoilt wildernesses of Africa. Wild places like Sabi Sands and the Kruger Park.
Sabi Sand Game Reserve shares a 50 km unfenced border with the Kruger National Park. Two rivers, the Sand River and the Sabie River, ensure that this area enjoys one of the highest and most diverse wildlife populations in Africa.
Simbambili is placed seamlessly among dense Jackalberry and Knobthorn trees set along the Manyeleti riverbed. Raw nature and luxury come together in this prestigious lodge. Simbambili is home to the biggest concentration of leopard in the world. It is also the home of the Simbambili Leopard Project, an online journal of the life of three leopards - Saseke (the beautiful one), Mafufenyane (the angry one) and Nyaleti (the star). Here, our visitors enjoy a rare chance to view these beautiful creatures in their natural habitat.
The Lodge, with seven Moroccan-themed suites and an eighth Waterhole Suite, are luxurious and romantic. Each suite has a view of the busy "Watering Hole", where the animals come to cool down. Take a dive in your private plunge pool, or lounge on your day-bed while viewing the dramatic vistas surrounding you. Have cocktails on your private deck at sunset whilst soaking up the ethereal African sky, or relax in a bubble-bath while observing the wonderful scenery.
- Eight suites (16 guests)
- Private plunge pools
- Private salas
- Curio shop
- En-suite indoor / outdoor bath and shower
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Mini Bars
- Library / meeting room
- Health Spa
- Rates include drinks on game drives
- No children under 12 years
Accommodation is offered in:
- 7 Suites
- 1 Luxury Suite
The 7 suites, as well as the exclusive Water Hole suite, all provide a stunning view of the "Watering Hole" and allow the guests to lounge in luxury while blending in seamlessly with nature. All the suites have mini lounges, but the Water Hole suite has a full air-conditioned lounge at a slight premium.
Each Suite offers an en-suite bathroom and air-conditioned rooms. They also provide a romantic semi-outdoor shower. The placement of the suites ensure privacy, whilst blending in with the environment. The seasonal Manyeleti dry riverbed can be seen from the rooms providing a unique and luxurious African wildlife experience.
- 8 double bedded suites
- Separate bath and shower with shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, etc.
- Hairdryer in bathroom
- Voltage: 220 - 240
- International adapters as requested
- Air-conditioned rooms, as well as overhead fans
- Mini lounge with minibar
- Balcony with plunge pool and day bed
- Telephone and safe
- Umbrella, torches and candles/matches in suites
Luxury African Safaris
As dawn is starting to warm the African earth, you will receive a wake-up call. You will get into the open-top Land Rover and your accompanying rangers and trackers will take you on an adventure in the Greater Kruger Park area. The times of departure are planned to suit the optimal time for wildlife viewing and this is normally in the early morning. Everything that your rangers and trackers know about the landscape, the animals and the vegetation, will be shared with you. Simbambili Game Lodge is home to 147 mammals including the "Big Five", 114 reptiles, 507 birds, 49 fish, 34 amphibians and 336 trees, which you can experience on the drive. After some time, the Land Rover will stop and break for coffee and tea. You can stretch your legs and breathe in the crisp, fresh air. You will be treated with a cold towel in summer and a hot towel in winter. You will also be kept warm and cosy with hot water-bottles and blankets on the vehicle in winter. The safari drive will then continue. After the drive, a scrumptious breakfast will be served back at Simbambili, the riverbed, or the bush.
After a day filled with walks, or relaxation and a lovely late lunch, you will be taken on an afternoon game drive into the bush to view rarely-seen nocturnal animals by torchlight. As the sun begins to set over the sweeping savannahs, you will get out at a remote, scenic spot and watch the enigmatic sunset over cocktails and snacks, allowing you to savour a truly magnificent sight. You will then return to Simbambili lodge to enjoy a 3 course gourmet dinner.
- Walks depart daily at 10:00 in summer and 10:30 in winter. Visitors are accompanied by an armed ranger and tracker. The walks are tailored to the visitor's interests.
- Simbambili is teeming with life, including 507 species of birds which visitors can watch from the game drives, walks, or their own pool deck.
- Breakfast From 9:00 to 9:30 depending on seasons
- Lunch From 14:00 until 15:00
- Dinner From 19:30 to 20:00 depending on seasons
- Rates are quoted in South African Rand (ZAR) and are inclusive of VAT
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Children over 12 are welcome
- Exclusive use of the lodge allows children over 6 years
Rate Inclusions & Exclusions
- All meals, teas, coffees & snacks
- Dawn and dusk safaris in open Land Rovers and bushveld walks
- Sundowner local drinks
- Curio, telephone, baby-sitting and laundry expenses
- Simbambili gate fee at Sabi Sands Reserve (per vehicle, per person)
- Conservation Fee & TOMSA Levy
- Increases in any of the above costs
Our Wedding Experience
Your Perfect Safari Wedding
Can you imagine your dream wedding? Does it include the fresh African terrain, traditional African dancers serenading you whilst you romantically exchange your vows at sunset? We offer this and have many other visions for your perfect wedding. Attention to the finest detail, the breath taking surroundings, luxurious accommodation and the divine cuisine will ensure that your wedding day will be absolutely thrilling and unforgettable. Your experience will be unique and beautiful, along the Manyeleti River and the natural African landscape.