Savanna Private Game Lodge
a close-knit team of friendly staff provides personalised service
- Grading: Five Star
Address: Sabi Sand Game Reserve, Mpumalanga Province, South Africa.
Children: Under the age of eight years cannot be accommodated (unless the whole camp or the whole Savanna Suite is booked).
Bed capacity: 18 adults sharing
Savanna Private Game Lodge lies in the Western section of the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, within the Southern quarter of the greater Kruger National Park.
In this area 'Big 5' sightings are so frequent that it is not unusual to see lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino in a single game drive. Specially designed game viewing vehicles and highly trained guides, with vast knowledge of the African bushveld, take guests on close encounters with a large variety of wildlife species. Nearby dams and a series of waterholes in front of the lodge attract many species, especially in the dry winter months when elephants are daily visitors.
This exclusive 5 star lodge promises to deliver exceptional levels of personal service and great attention to detail.
Gourmet dining is an essential part of the Savanna experience with traditional local dishes adding spice to the best international fare. Menus are complemented with award winning wines from our well stocked cellar.
The Main Lodge consists of a bar, wine cellar, dining area, loft library and a spacious patio looking over the pool and indigenous gardens and one of 5 waterholes that surround the lodge. Fantastic sightings of game drinking and bathing may be enjoyed.
Savanna has nine beautifully appointed suites. All suites offer elegance and comfort, with decor combining colonial and classic colours, fabrics and textures. All suites have air-conditioning, fans, en-suite bathrooms, inside & outdoor showers, mini bars, tea & coffee making stations and covered patios.
- The suites on offer are:
- The Savanna Suite, under thatch, consisting of two separate en-suite bedrooms
- Four Luxury Suites under canvas
- Three Executive Suites under canvas
The Savanna Suite
The thatched Savanna Suite consists of two separate large en-suite bedrooms, each with their own deck and plunge pools.
The bedrooms lead into a central elegantly furnished lounge, ideal for families or a small group wanting privacy and exclusivity.
The Executive Suites
The three large Executive Suites each has a lounge area, covered wooden deck and private plunge pool.
The bedrooms have plush sitting areas and glass doors that open onto covered patios with private plunge pools facing waterholes in the bush. Quiet and secluded, they offer a sanctuary of peaceful relaxation.
Each has an outsized bathroom with free-standing bath, double vanities, double shower and toilet as well as outdoor shower atrium.
The Luxury Suites
They have the same facilities as the larger executive suites, but in a more compact space. They are furnished and decorated to the same superb standard. The bedrooms have draped ceilings creating an atmosphere of romance and intimacy. The tented roofs blend into the African bush while solid walls provide quiet and security.
Each Luxury Suite has an en-suite bathroom with free-standing bath, double vanities and both indoor and outdoor shower. The bedrooms open onto private decks with sweeping views of the bush and waterholes. Tucked away with large stands of natural shrubbery separating them, the luxury suites are the ultimate in cosy, private hideaways.
- Rates are quoted in South African Rand (ZAR) and are inclusive of 14% VAT
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice
R7 250,00 per person, per night sharing
R10 875,00 per single person
R9 700,00 per person, per night sharing
R14 550,00 per single person
The Savanna Suites
Daily rate: R47 000,00
per 4 adults OR 2 adults and 3 children
Included: Private Land Rover; Private Dining; Waiter in Attendance
- all meals
- two game drives per day
- laundry service
- teas & coffees
- use of the gym
- WiFi use
- mini bar and drinks (excluding select wines and imported beverages)
- Curio shop purchases
- transport to and from the lodge
- telephone calls
- tourism levy
- gate entrance fees
- landing fees and airport taxes
- any passenger landing/ departure fees.
- Children of all ages are welcome with their families when booking the Savanna Suite
- No children under the age of 8 years will be permitted at the main lodge (unless unless the whole camp or the whole Savanna Suite is booked)
- Children 16 years and younger sharing with an adult pay 50% of the full rate
- A programme for children is put together according to their age & interests
- A children's menu is available on request with all the foods that children enjoy
- if your child has any special needs, please be sure to advise us in advance
- Each child receives a goodie bush bag with items to add to their safari experience
Savanna Private Game Reserve prides itself on delivering exceptional safaris, with the emphasis being on game viewing.
Savanna guests are welcome to use the gym during their stay.
Equipment includes treadmill, elliptical machine, recumbent bike, exercise bike, free weights, dual adjustable pulley, chest press and leg curl machine. The air-conditioned gym also features satellite television, DVD access and an IPOD docking station.
Savanna offers the opportunity of being married in a most romantic setting, with the vast African bush as a backdrop. You can select any of the following venues for your wedding:
- In a clearing in the bush
- At the swimming pool with a view of the waterhole in the background
- On the deck in the lounge area