Eagle's Crag Luxury Lodge
"At Shamwari Game Reserve, we strive to deliver a safari experience that leaves you feeling revitalised, refreshed and relaxed. And, for a safari experience with a difference, our guests can stay in the luxury tented accommodation at Eagles Crag Lodge"
- Grading: 5 Star
Address: Shamwari Game Reserve, Eastern Cape Province
Children: all ages
Bed capacity: 9 detached suites (18 guests)
Shamwari Game Reserve offers Eagles Crag Lodge as one of seven luxury acommodation units in this famous reserve.
Eagles Crag Lodge, the premier lodge of Shamwari, the pride of the Eastern Cape Province, is the epitome of luxury.
Eagles Crag Lodge Accommodation
Enjoy the utmost privacy in our well-secluded suites during your wildlife safari holiday in Shamwari’s top lodge.
Choose from nine luxury suites of which seven have king sized beds, and the other two are twin bedded. A maximum of two adults is allowed to sleep in each of the suites.
Our top-quality amenities for optimum comfort include:
- Air conditioning
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Hair dryer
- Electronic safe
- Fitted international adaptors
- International dial telephone
- En-suite bathroom
- In and outdoor shower facilities
- Private mini bar
- Ceiling fan
- Bird spotting scope
- Private plunge pool with deck
Book our premier lodge and we will treat you to a host of luxurious and comfortable facilities:
- Lounge featuring a fireplace and big screen television
- Upstairs lounge with fireplace opening onto terrace
- Relaxation Retreat with 2 therapy rooms, hydro bath, steam room and sauna
- Gift boutique
- Library and boardroom, accommodating up to 18 delegates
- Business Centre with Wi-Fi access
Game Drive Safaris
We offer a morning safari as well as an evening safari with knowledgeable and passionate-about-wildlife guides. While on safari, take in the beautiful landscape views, the plant, bird and wildlife scenes that you will experience on the way. See birds of prey or spot one or more of the Big 5 from the comfort and safety of your open game vehicle. After enjoying the safari, return to the lodge for an enjoyable breakfast or dinner.
Eagles Crag Lodge boasts our own Bush Relaxation Retreat offering personalised treatments to suit your needs. Some of the therapies available include massages, body scrubs, healing facials, manicures and waxing. The retreat pampers and allows you to relax amongst the sights and sounds of nature.
Shamwari Game Reserve features three conservation facilities available for visits by guests: The Ian Player Rhino Awareness centre, the Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre and the Born Free Big Cat Sanctuaries. These facilities are immensely interesting and educational and comes highly recommended
If you’re travelling with children, you’ll be pleased to know that when you make your booking, it includes our ‘Kids on Safari’ programme. However, there are several rules and regulations that need to be adhered to when booking with children:
- Child rates apply to children from 4 – 11 years old.
- Kids under the age of 4 are not permitted on game drives
- Childminder services are available at an additional cost
- 0-3 year olds are accommodated at no additional cost
Rate Inclusions & Exclusions
- Three meals per day
- Two Safaris per day
- Local Beverages on Game Drive
- Tea, Coffees and Water
- Guided Walks
- Tourism levy and VAT
- Visits to Educational Centres
- Relaxation Retreats
Guests should also take note:
- All rooms can sleep a maximum of 2 adults
- Persons under the age of 16 or older than 65 are not permitted on walking tours
- Single adult rates apply only when the person is sleeping alone and not sharing with a child