Sanctuary Olonana, Maasai Mara
"Adventure, enchantment and 'Luxury, Naturally' all delivered with a quiet, understated charm and understanding of place..."
Address: Sanctuary Olonana, Maasai Mara, Kenya
Children: Olonana welcomes families with children of all ages
Bed capacity: Fourteen luxury safari tented rooms
Maasai Mara is located in Kenya's wildlife-rich wilderness areas, the home of some of Africa's best luxury safaris.
Olonana, game viewing starts in the camp. A pod of hippos lives permanently in the river just below the camp. Many other species come here to drink. Safari guides take guests to hidden spots in customised open safari vehicles offering all-round views. The Mara's rich eco-system includes acacia savannah, forest and woodland which is home to a stunning variety of bird species and and animal life all year round.
Sanctuary Olonana is an award-winning tented safari camp on a private stretch of the Mara River in the heart of the Masai Mara, Kenya's most famous game reserve. Overlooking the Mara River, Sanctuary Olonana is an idyllic location to experience a classic African safari.
The camp features fourteen spacious and tastefully appointed tents with en-suite bathrooms and river view verandahs where guests can relax and watch the resident hippos wallowing.
Special family safari tentes feature two double beds - making it perfect for families with young children.
This luxury safari camp is an exclusive hideaway complete with library, swimming pool, and the option to enjoy a three course dinner deep in the bush or on the private river-view terrace of your luxurious tent.
The main dining room and deck offers views over a dramatic stretch of the river. A mini-spa offers luxurious treatments ranging from facials to body massages. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in the rooms and the main area. Electricity supply is a combination of a silent packed generator, solar power and a battery system.
- built on the banks of the Mara River
- the canvas tents feature private verandas overlook the river
- the tents are extremely comfortable and spacious
- en-suite facilities include a double vanity and indoor shower
- two honeymoon suites with outdoor showers
- all tents have a room safe, mosquito nets and hairdryer.
- located in a private concession bordering the Maasai Mara
- luxury tented accommodation built on the banks of the Mara River
- easy access to the Great Wildebeest Migration
- strong conservation and community interaction
- offers an array of activities including game drives, cultural visits, bush dinners, sundowners, balloon flights and scenic flights
- complimentary Wi-Fi in the tented rooms and main area.
- luxury game viewing safaris in open safari vehicles
- picnic breakfast or lunch, sundowners, bush dinners
- cultural visit to a Maasai village
- nature walks
- visit to a school (a donation to the school is recommended)
- hot air balloon safaris (at additional cost)
Please contact us for our latest rates and availability.
Lodges offer varied rates which change from time to time. Rates depend on service levels, the type of lodge or hotel, number and age of guests, the time of year, location and any specials which may apply at time of enquiry.
- rates are per person, per night based on 2 people sharing in USD
- single supplement, child rates and third adult rates aply
- all airport taxes and applicable reserve entrance fees are for your own account
- rates are subject to change without prior notice
- stay longer, pay less may apply - please enquire.
Rate Inclusions & Exclusions
- all meals
- all drinks (excluding premium brands)
- two daily shared game viewing activities
- return transfers to and from Kichwa Tembo airstrip to the camp.
- premium alcoholic drinks
- park fees
- spa treatments from the Olonana mini spa
- additional activities
- gratuities to driver / guides and staff
- any items of a personal nature, telephone calls and curio shop purchases
- medical insurance
- private vehicle and guide.
- children of all ages are welcome
- children aged 2 and younger stay free of charge
- children aged 3 - 15 inclusive: child rates apply - please enquire for more details
- in all other circumstances children pay the applicable adult fare
- children aged 15 and younger are required to share with their parents
- private vehicle must be booked for children aged 5 and younger.